sunny slopes of the hindu kush

sunny slopes of the hindu kush
Willard Kurtz's room

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

more Li Po

Bathed and Washed
 
"Bathed in fragrance,
do not brush your hat;
Washed in perfume,
do not shake your coat:
 
"Knowing the world
fears what is too pure.
the wisest man
prizes and stores light."
 
By Bluewater
an old angler sat:
You and I together,
Let us go home.
 
Li Po
 
I make a living as a fishermen.  I know how to wait and be patient.  I wait for the fly line to peal back and straighten before returning home to the water.  I stare endlessly at the water waiting for a fish to dimple the surface.  I am waiting for spring with my mind floating like a cloud over the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. I almost spit my coffee all over the computer screen when You said you were patient! Ha!

    ReplyDelete